Iowa Missions Offering
HYDE IOWA MISSION OFFERING
The Hyde Iowa Mission Offering (IMO) takes place the Sundays of September 15 and September 22. One hundred percent of the offering is dedicated to ministry in the state of Iowa through the Iowa Ministry Fund. The Iowa Mission Offering supports ministries such as adoption and foster care, ministry to homeless, ministry to poverty-impacted neighborhoods, ministry to communities after natural disasters, crisis pregnancy ministry, addiction recovery, prison ministry and aftercare, and advocacy for justice and religious freedom.
Our church offering goal is $2000.00 with state goal being $30,000.00. We hope you will give to the Hyde Iowa Mission Offering to support these ministries. Simply give to GABC regular offering and designate your check to the IMO in the memo line.
For more information go to bciowa.org/iowaministryfund/.
SIX WAYS TO PRAY
1. Pray that God would open doors for the message of the gospel through these compassion ministries, college ministries and new churches. “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ…” Colossians 4:2-3
2. Pray for leaders in the compassion ministries supported by the Iowa Ministry Fund. Ask God to give them wisdom, strength, and love as they care for those with hurting hearts and introduce them to Jesus. “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13
3. Pray that God would bring healing, growth, and freedom to those with hurting hearts and crippled by addictions or paralyzed by their circumstances. Pray that they would find hope through a relationship with Jesus Christ. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give your rest. Take my yoke upon your and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
4. Pray for those who respond to Christ in the college ministries and church plants that they would respond to the gospel and grow in their faith. “and I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses all knowledge…” from Ephesians 3:14-21
5. Pray for the seminary students and college interns working in the state this fall, that they would grow in their leadership abilities and see fruit for the Kingdom because of their ministry. “Don’t let any one look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
6. Pray that God will speak to the hearts of individuals like you, to give generously toward support of the Iowa Missions Offering. “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38