Information for Our May 31 Outdoor Service
This Sunday, Lord willing, we will host our first gathering since March 15.
This post outlines service details so you will know what to expect, how to decide on your attendance, and how to prepare for the service.
Time — 9:00 a.m. (all corporate worship services will be at 9 a.m. until further notice)
Please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
Location — We will assemble outdoors in the west parking lot.
- The service will be live-streamed through Facebook Live at facebook.com/gabcames.
We intend to publish the audio and video on Monday.
Service Format — The service will be no more than one hour. It will include responsive readings and two songs, a prayer and Scripture reading, a sermon, and a closing song.
- If you are uncomfortable with singing, you are welcome to wait in your car or at a distance until the song portion of the service is completed and also to depart before the closing song.
Precautions — The Governor’s State of Public Health Disaster Emergency declaration (in effect through June 25) orders churches to “implement reasonable measures under the circumstances of each gathering to ensure social distancing of employees, volunteers, and other participants, increased hygiene practices, and other public health measures to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 consistent with guidance issued by the Iowa Department of Public Health.” We intend to follow this guidance as we resume gathering.
- If you are sick, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or know that you have been exposed to someone who has had COVID-19 within the past 14 days, please do not attend.
- Please familiarize yourself with COVID-19 and the State of Iowa’s guidance. If you are healthy and not aware of having been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, make your decision on attending using your best judgment.
- Per the IDPH guidelines, social distancing is required. Congregants are discouraged from shaking hands or otherwise engaging in physical contact. (See our seating arrangements below.)
Seating Options — A seating area will be marked off with cones in the west parking lot. A greeter will be available to assist you with seating if you have questions.
Please bring blankets or chairs for seating.
Seating spaces will be marked at roughly 10-foot intervals to allow for a minimum of 6-feet between groups.
Groups should not exceed ten persons (unless all are of the same household).
Note: If there are persons outside your household that you are comfortable sitting with (and they, with you), you are welcome to sit together, provided the group does not exceed ten persons.
Drive-in — Parking spaces at the south end of the west parking lot (near the D-Building) will be open for those who wish to participate in the service from their vehicle. We regret that we do not have an FM-transmitter. We trust our portable sound system will be sufficient but make no guarantees.
Note on Sound: We will be using our portable sound system, as we have used in previous outdoor services in the park. We will do our best to provide quality amplification to all parks of the parking lot. However, those with difficulty hearing may wish to sit near the front.
Service Guides — You may download this PDF of the service with readings and song lyrics to a mobile device or print copies.
If you would like a printed copy made available for you at the service, please contact Dixie with the number needed, and she will print them (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For mobile devices, the complete order of service, including all readings and song lyrics, may be accessed at pocket.hymni.city/gabcames.
Parking — Parking will be available on the east side of the building. Please reserve west parking lot spaces for those who may wish to listen from their vehicle.
Masks — Masks are optional.
Nursery and Childcare — Not available.
Restrooms — Restrooms will be available on the first floor of the main building and in the hallway at the south end of the sanctuary.
- Congregants are encouraged to keep restroom use to a minimum.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available in both locations. Please practice good hygiene.
- Please restrict your activity in the building to the restrooms only.
- An adult must accompany children under 12.
Refreshments — No refreshments will be provided. The drinking fountain is not open. If you require coffee, cocoa, water, etc., please bring your own.
Pre/Post-Service Fellowship — There will be no fellowship time before or after the service.
- Gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited in Iowa until 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2020. Once our service concludes, we are no longer a worship service and thus are subject to the 10 person limitation. So, we ask the congregation to disperse at the conclusion of the service. If you would like to fellowship with others before or after the service, please arrange to do so off-site. Thank you for helping us honor the Governor’s declaration.
We pray that our outdoor service will glorify God, edify the body, and be a good witness to those in the neighborhood and passing on Grand Avenue.